Saturday, January 1, 2011

"Home" Again

Elder Travis is back "home" again on his mission in Hawaii. On December 31st we were surprised when we got a letter that Elder Travis wrote from Hawaii on December 29th. Wow! We never get mail that fast. He asked me to blog it so it's typed verbatim below.

Aloha from Hawaii!!

I thought I'd write slightly early.

What a ride we had. I'm so happy I was able to surprise all of you and have this "intermission." Just think...49 more weeks 'til Ill be back and 8 (almost 7) transfers.

The connecting flight was incredibly smooth. I just went right to the terminal, gave 'em my boarding pass, they gave me a new one, and wa la!

Seattle was beautiful of what I saw! However, it was 5 p.m. and it was pitch black! Goodness! My flight to Hawaii wasn't as bumpy as last year. It was smooth...ish. But better than last year! I do miss home and being with all of you but I do miss Hawaii too. It's good to be back and I'm sure this will be a very, very fast year (11 months).

I am happy to go to Kaimuke and be with Elder Solomon.....I won't lie, this pad is better. I don't need to hang dry, and there is only us here. I loved the four-man pad but it's easy to get distracted.

Well, I know as I embark on the last half of this journey that I'll continue to see marvelous things. More miracles. See new people, and come back a better man!

I'll leave you with a thought. Romans 1:16. Don't be ashamed of what makes you who you are. Don't be ashamed of this gospel.....Keep your feet planted in gospel sod and reap the blessings that come.

I love all of you, write me!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're there safely! It sounds like you're feeling well. I can't believe that in just one short week you'll be transferred again. I get the feeling by what you said that you think you'll be transferred off the island, or at least out of the area you're in now. May God bless you with strength and the words to teach His word wherever you go next transfer! Love you.

    ReplyDelete