Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kahala

EDIT: These pictures are probably all of his last area since I don't think he took any after the transfer on this memory card. Below is an email that I cut and pasted from Elder Travis.

Aloha!!
Man things are going so great in Kahala. We are seeing so many great things happening. We found 3 new people to teach, and the ward is so awesome and missionary minded. I miss Kailua, but I love Kahala. A lot of great members (some of which should have added me by now).
We have a baptism coming up next Saturday on the 21st of August. It's for Bro. And Sis. ***. They are so ready for this gospel and only investigated for a month! But they know its true. They have been to 4 different churches. They have concluded that this church is the true church. It's incredible to see these things.In fact, the whole mission is changing. Not just the mission, but missionary service worldwide. It's insane. The Brethren are really focusing on teaching on the spirit and are putting something out to enhance Preach My Gospel. It's meant to have us ask inspired questions, get people talking, and let them learn more. It does sound inspired, but I don't know much about it. All the Zone Leaders and District Leaders were trained on it so I don't know too much about it. But we'll be trained on it soon. So that'll be interesting.
I heard we will be cleaning a ship in Pearl Harbor this week or next week. I'm so excited for that!!!! I will take LOTS of pictures. I think its the USS Memorial one but I'm not sure. That might happen this week or next. So I'm way excited for that!!
My companion Elder Garritson, is awesome, he is a hard worker and teaches by the spirit. He is far ahead for a 6 week Elder and really teaches well. I feel blessed to be his companion and I'm learning a lot from him. I hope I'm doing the same for him.
I hit my 8 month mark today. I'm 1/3 of the way through my service. It's amazing to think how fast my time has gone by. It's incredible...It's so fast. Christmas is around the corner, and so is "hump" day. After that it's all downhill.
Well, things are great. Interesting too. I'm so proud to be a missionary, and know with my heart and soul this is God's church. I love teaching people about the gospel and love sharing it. I am so humbled to put that tag on my chest everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Marla Richman told me years ago what a sacred experience Pearl Harbor was. She said that if I ever got to Hawaii that this was the one place I absolutely had to go to. What a wonderful experience for you. I can hardly wait to hear about it. I'm so glad things are looking up and that you're loving the new area and your new companion.

    ReplyDelete