Monday, November 22, 2010

Cultural Celebration and Laie Temple Dedication

Aloha!!!

So this week I had shorter time on the letter to the family so this will be a little better than the letter you get this week!! I sent my memory card home too haha. So be ready for that.

Anyways, so Saturday Elder Pieper of the Seventy came to talk to us. He was with us from 8 to noon or one. He interviewed Elder Garritson. That was way awesome haha, I was excited for him. But he just educated us and taught us how to receive revelation or answers to questions we have. He's really intelligent and knows what he's doing obviously! haha.
Later that night we had the cultural celebration. President Monson gave a talk at first (it was broadcast at the tab!) and he is so funny!! He is hilarious. He's comedy. I recorded that talk, he was funny! haha. But the celebration was awesome, interesting, but awesome.Then Sunday was the dedication of the Laie Hawaii temple. It was so spiritual. It was the first dedication I could remember. It was awesome though. President Thomas S. Monson, President Henry B. Eyring, and Elder Quintin L. Cook of the Twelve came to dedicate it. Emotions were running high with members that day. The feelings were strong as the house of the Lord was dedicated and ready for use again. We could all feel that the Lord approved of His house and was ready to receive the work for the dead.But that was it, we couldn't teach S*** this week so it was rougher week, not much work going on in Kahala, but we're working hard!!

Also my thought for the week: I was reading a book called "Truth Restored". Wow. That was a good book! I read it in two days cuz it caught my interest so much. I loved the stories it shared on pioneers. I seem to always forget the sacrifice they make. It's so touching to think of the love they have for God and the gospel, and how dedicated they were to it. They never turned back. They came to a desert in Utah and made the prophesy of Joseph Smith fulfilled!

Anyways, I love all of you and can't wait to hear from you!! Aloha!!

1 comment:

  1. What fantastic experiences! Temple dedications are a great time to bask in the spirit. It's amazing to me to think of how many temples have been built and dedicated in my lifetime. I went to the rededication of the Logan temple after it was remodeled and I'll never forget the feelings I had there. I love hearing how the spirit is shaping your life.

    ReplyDelete