Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tsunami

Today at 4:30 a.m. Hawaiian time Travis was awakened by a tsunami warning for the Hawaiian islands. They were told to go into the mountains/high ground. His mission president told all of the elders to call their parents and I unexpectedly got a quick phone call from him telling me he was okay and that he was on high ground. It was a 30-second call but it did so much to raise my spirits. As his mother I've missed hearing his voice so much and I really needed this. I knew that we couldn't sit and chat so I let the call be brief.

Luckily for the people of the Hawaiian islands the tsunami was a small one and didn't cause any harm to people or property, at least according to CNN at this time. As of now the warning is lifted and people can return to their homes. This tsunami was caused by an 8.8 magnitude earthquake in Chile.

1 comment:

  1. How I wish that call could have been longer. I thank my Heavenly Father that I could hear your voice today, even for such a small amount of time. I love you and I'm glad you're safe. I feel like Mother's Day came early, lol!

    ReplyDelete