Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Music Is The Souls Sigh

I love music. Music is one of the most important things to me. I listen to it everyday, nearly every minute, and love searching for something new.
About a year ago I stumbled upon a christian artist, Jeremy Camp. I instantly fell in love with his music and find myself listening to it quite often.
A little background on this particular artist; he was married about ten years ago to a woman named Melissa. She was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer, and died a year after their marriage. As any man would be, he was devastated over the passing of his new wife and found himself questioning God's plan for him. When he found out she was diagnosed with cancer he wrote the song "Walk By Faith". Later after her passing, he learned to accept God's will and resembled that in the song "I Still Believe". This example sets a high bar in how we all need to live by what God has in store for us, not what we have in store for ourselves. He has been blessed with a new wife and two daughters now.
Anyways, to continue on, he has written some amazing music, and I love listening to it all the time. If you have not heard any of his music I strongly encourage you to look up the songs I mentioned earlier, or they are also in my playlist. I also consider his song "My Desire" the "theme" to my pre-missionary experiences. That is why it is number one in my playlist below.
He tours the country a lot singing, and giving sermons to those in company. He constantly mentions how he knows Christ love him, and how God lives and he has been working hard to serve him. He is an ordained minister, and is very strong in the sense of knowing God loves each and every one of his children. I encourage everyone to listen to his songs, and stretch their boundaries in the christian genre of music. There is so many good artists like Jeremy Camp out there, who I love listening to. It's clean, uplifting music, and you feel closer to the Savior by listening to it. Leaving for two years will bring the sacrifice of not listening to JC, but that is something I can deal with as I try to make the spirit my constant/musical companion. Jeremy Camp has affected me as an artist as he has taught me humility, love, and the desire to teach the people about the gospel of Jesus Christ.
For behold, the field is white already to harvest; and lo he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perishth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul.
D&C 4

3 comments:

  1. Trav, this is beautiful. I need to hear more of his music! I also really like the title of this post. You're definitely on your way to bigger and better things. Love you. Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. The field is literallty "white" :) Great artist and my Ipod now has a few of his great songs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his music too, as well as his new wife Adie's music. Thanks for sharing. Kathi

    ReplyDelete