Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Start



Welcome to my missionary blog. For this blog I want to specifically dedicate it towards thoughts on serving an LDS mission, maybe the process for how to become a missionary, and just random things the Lord decides to inspire me with. :)
For starters, I've been called to serve in the Honolulu, Hawaii mission, and I report to the MTC December 9. So just a little under 2 months. For the period of my mission I will have my sister/mother update my blog for those who want to know what's going on in Hawaii and what people change my life, as well as me change theirs.
So to begin, for this blog I just want to share my testimony. For future blogs I'll think of something! (I need Breezie to show me how this works, crazy huh!?)
I know that the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is the true church on this earth. I know that our savior and Heavenly Father came down to this earth and gave Joseph Smith the keys to restore the Gospel that was long lost after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet and was guided by Jesus Christ for his entire life. It's a witness to me that the many prophecies that have been fulfilled, especially the one that his name will be loved and mocked across the world until the end of time. (It's so true). I know that God loves me and that Jesus came to this earth to save us. I know that through the atonement we can return back to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I'm so thankful for the Gospel and what it's done in my life. And I look forward to being able to share this message with the people of Hawaii.

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazin' lil fella! Give the people of Hawaii, heaven! Rock on brotha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis, I love the way you started this out. I also really like that you added the picture of you at the Jordan River Temple. This will be such a beautiful record of your mission. :) Me

    ReplyDelete